We at Jones Brown PLLC. understand the hardship and loss that families languish with after a motorcycle accident involving serious injury or death. Victims and families of motorcycle accidents all over the United States trust and depend on the experienced professionals at Jones Brown PLLC to help them navigate the aftermath of these terrible accidents.
For those of you who have never, there’s nothing that compares to riding on a motorcycle. The feeling of freedom, the wind in your hair, the vibrations of your iron horse under you. While invigorating and exciting, motorcycles unfortunately offer little protection from other drivers. They don’t have seat belts or shoulder harnesses and the rider is vulnerable to a direct hit on the legs and hips or being thrown off the bike entirely. Motorcycle accidents can result in wrongful death or serious injuries such as broken bones, catastrophic burns, neck/ back injuries, amputation, traumatic brain injury, and spinal cord
In most cases, motorcycle collisions happen due to the gross negligence of other drivers. Usually, the other driver fails to see the motorcyclist. That doesn’t qualify as an excuse under the law in any state.
MOTORCYCLE ACCIDENTS / HAZARDOUS SITUATIONS:
- Bad weather can impair a motorcyclist’s braking or handling capabilities. Being on two wheels vs. four, wet or icy roadways can impair one’s ability to effectively control a motorcycle.
- Motorcycles are hard to be seen when they’re in a long line of traffic. It’s easy to become invisible when you’re in a vehicle’s blind spot, therefore collisions often occur while changing lanes.
- Motorcyclists may have difficulty seeing potholes, train tracks, fallen branches or oil spots. Debris that has fallen from another vehicle can force a biker to weave or brake suddenly.
- Windy conditions can make a motorcycle very difficult to control. Even the gusty winds caused by a passing truck can cause a motorcycle to weave across the road.
- Many motorcyclists are injured when another vehicle takes a left turn in front of them. This is particularly dangerous at intersections with no left turn signals.
INSURANCE COMPANIES ARE NOT ON YOUR SIDE
First and foremost, DO NOT ACCEPT ANY CLAIM BEFORE YOU SPEAK WITH AN ATTORNEY. Many large insurance companies have settlement policies that encourage their adjusters to offer quick payments to persons involved in an accident. Insurance companies and their adjusters are infamous for contacting injured persons and injured persons families shortly after an accident to try to gain their confidence. They often do this very quickly with the hopes of catching the injured and their families while they are still in a fragile state. Insurance adjusters often try to present themselves as a friend of the injured person or the family of the person who was killed in an accident. Although the adjuster may feel some real emotions for the families, they in no way have the best interest of the families in mind. The goal of this initial contact is to settle the case on terms as favorable as possible for the insurance company before the families contact an attorney
WHAT YOU DESERVE:
- Medical reimbursement
- Payment for past and future income loss
- Full compensation for pain and suffering
- Peace of mind in knowing your financial interests are being protected
JONES BROWN LAW IS THERE FOR YOU
Motorcycle and bike accidents have serious repercussions. The nature of these accidents may cause serious emotional trauma and extremely high medical bills.
These potentially life-altering physical and emotional effects is why you need an experienced attorney on your side who will work to get you deserved compensation. You may be wondering:
- How do I get my motorcycle or bike repaired/replaced?
- What happens if I can’t work?
- Who will pay my medical bills?
- Why isn’t the insurance company helping?
Regardless of what type of accident resulted in your injury, no case is too minor or complicated for the law offices of Jones Brown. We value having excellent communication with our clients and perform an in-depth investigation for each unique case. We handle a variety of different traffic accident cases, including driver negligence, impairment, and recklessness, dangerous road conditions, construction zone accidents, drunk driving and hit and run accident. Serious accidents come with a great amount of emotional and physical distress, let us help you handle the rest. CLICK HERE to contact us now.