Car AccidentI Was Hit by a Uninsured Driver, Now What?

Car accidents seem to happen when you least expect it. You out taking the kiddos to various sports practices and extracurricular activities or maybe your out running errands or doing the shopping when out of nowhere, “Crash!” Your day will not get any better when you find out that the person that just hit you has absolutely no insurance coverage of any kind. Issues associated with an automobile accident seem to multiply when you learn that the other driver involved in the accident was an uninsured motorist. You likely find yourself wondering what you can and should do following an accident involving an uninsured motorist. The experienced team here at the Law offices of Jones Brown are here to help you.

Uninsured Motorist Insurance Coverage and Filing a Claim

In the State of Oklahoma, motorists are required to acquire insurance to protect themselves, their vehicles, and others during an accident. However, there are thousands of motorists driving on our roadways, which operate their vehicles with no insurance. This is a huge mistake and could end up costing these individuals thousands of dollars paying for injuries and damages.

If you have been involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist, not having insurance does not exempt them from paying for all losses and damages that have occurred. In fact, there are multiple damage claims that may be made against these scofflaws. Some types of damages claims which cold be filed may include:

  • Disfigurement
  • Funeral Expenses
  • Loss of Companionship
  • Loss of Consortium
  • Loss of Enjoyment of Life
  • Lost Wages
  • Medical Expenses
  • Pain and Suffering
  • Property Damage

It is estimated that as many as 25% of drivers on the road are uninsured. In Oklahoma, the compulsory liability insurance law states that every motorist on our roadways must meet the minimum insurance requirement to operate their vehicle. If you have been involved in an accident with an uninsured motorist, contact the law offices of Jones Brown PLLC. now to take advantage of over 40 years of legal experience, as well as a team of professional personal injury accident attorneys ready to fight for you.

Jones Brown PLLC

Jones Brown PLLC

Contact Jones Brown PLLC:

When you have been injured in a car accident and it is not your fault, it’s essential you have an experienced personal injury attorney on your side that will fight to get you the compensation you deserve. These questions may be floating around in your head:

  • How will I get my car fixed?
  • What happens if I can’t work?
  • Who will pay my medical bills?
  • Why isn’t the insurance company helping?

Regardless of what type of accident resulted in your injury, no case is too minor or complicated for our office. Here are some of the common types of cases we handle: driver negligence, impairment, or recklessness, dangerous road conditions rear-end collision, construction zone accident, drunk driving, hit and run accident, etc.

We are also experienced with defective automobiles or parts, such as: airbag defect, defective tires, unintended acceleration, child seat defects, crashworthiness, defective seat, window or door, fire or explosion, roof crush, seat belt failures, faulty door latches, etc.

It’s important to know and understand your rights and obligations when you have been injured at the expense of another person. Insurance companies are in the business to make money and are not after your best interest.

The attorneys and staff at Jones Brown are here to work with you every step of the way and simplify interactions with the insurance company to ensure you reach a settlement that covers the true cost of your accident.

No matter what type of accident you were in, you likely have questions. Take a few minutes to fill out our Jones Brow automobile accident evaluation.


Share Page